Apply for FAMIA
The 2021 Application Process is closed.
The FAMIA designation is designed to recognize AMIA members who:
- Apply informatics skills and knowledge within their professional setting
- Demonstrate professional achievement and leadership through the practice of informatics in their professional setting
- Provide sustained commitment to the betterment of AMIA through engagement in various AMIA activities
- Application deadline: July 19, 2021
- Recommender deadline: August 2, 2021
- FAMIA notifications: September, 2021
- FAMIA Class of 2022 Induction: Clinical Informatics Conference (CIC), location and date has not been announced.
Review the following pages:
Determine your Eligibility Pathway that aligns with your education and/or certification.
- Certification Pathway
- Long-Term Experience Pathway
Purchase the $200 non-refundable application fee in the AMIA Online Store. Keep the email receipt, it contains the invoice # that you will enter during the application process.
Prepare and collect the following documents for your pathway:
List of documents (Accepted file types: pdf, jpg, gif, tiff, bmp, jpeg)
- Invoice number from purchase of FAMIA Application through AMIA’s Online Store
- Copy of diploma (highest level of education is sufficient for the application)
- Copy of certificate(s) as applicable
- Copy of CV or resume
- Long-Term Experience Pathway applicants only; completed ICQ Form
- Contact information for AMIA Peer Recommender
- Retrieve your AMIA ID from AMIA Central (your profile page-in the Welcome box)
Complete the application by July 19, 2021
- To begin your application, choose your pathway application link below to log in or create an account in the application software
- Save if you need to leave the application and return; and submit when you have completed the application.
- Your AMIA Member login credentials will not work. FAMIA applications are housed in © SmarterSelect application software. If you have created a previous account for past AMIA applications, participated as an evaluator or reviewer use the same email to retrieve your login credentials. If you do not have a © SmarterSelect account with AMIA, create a new account in © SmarterSelect.
Recommendation due by August 2, 2021
- upon submission of the application, an auto-generated email is sent to the recommender asking them to submit their recommendation. They are presented with 5 yes or no questions and asked to write a paragraph (maximum 500 words) stating why they believe the applicant is qualified for FAMIA and submits their recommendation.
- Applications are reviewed for alignment with eligibility requirements by a subgroup of FAMIA Members
FAMIA applicants will be notified of the results in September 2021.