Apply for FAMIA
The 2022 application process is now open
The FAMIA designation is designed to recognize AMIA members who:
- Apply informatics skills and knowledge within their professional setting
- Demonstrate professional achievement and leadership through the practice of informatics in their professional setting
- Provide sustained commitment to the betterment of AMIA through engagement in various AMIA activities
Review the following pages:
Determine your Eligibility Pathway that aligns with your education and/or certification.
- Certification Pathway
- Long-Term Experience Pathway
Purchase the $200 non-refundable application fee in the AMIA Online Store. Your email receipt will contains the invoice number that is required during the application process.
Prepare and collect the following documents for your pathway:
List of documents (Accepted file types: pdf, jpg, gif, tiff, bmp, jpeg)
- Invoice number from purchase of FAMIA Application through AMIA’s Online Store
- Copy of diploma (highest level of education is sufficient for the application)
- Copy of certificate(s) as applicable
- Copy of CV or resume
- Long-Term Experience Pathway applicants only; completed ICQ Form
- Contact information for AMIA Peer Recommender
Complete the application by July 19, 2022
- To begin your application, choose your pathway application link below to log in or create an account in the application software
- Save if you need to leave the application and return; and submit when you have completed the application.
- Your AMIA Member login credentials will not work. FAMIA applications are housed in © SmarterSelect application software. If you have created a previous account for past AMIA applications, participated as an evaluator or reviewer use the same email to retrieve your login credentials. If you do not have a © SmarterSelect account with AMIA, create a new account in © SmarterSelect.
Recommendation due by August 9, 2022
- Upon submission of the application, an auto-generated email is sent to the recommender asking them to submit their recommendation. They are presented with 5 yes or no questions and asked to write a paragraph (maximum 500 words) stating why they believe the applicant is qualified for FAMIA and submits their recommendation.
- Applications are reviewed for alignment with eligibility requirements by a subgroup of FAMIA Members
FAMIA applicants will be notified of the results in October 2022.