AMIA's Clinical Informatics Board Review Course (CIBRC) provides American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board-certified physicians with resources to assist in becoming certified in the subspecialty of clinical informatics.
The course offerings are a resource for all practicing clinical informaticians seeking to strengthen their knowledge of the field.
Don't Wait to Get Certified
Practice pathway eligibility is available through 2022. In 2023 clinical informatics board certification will be available only after completion of an ACGME-accredited two-year fellowship.
There are more than 1800 board-certified clinical informaticians in the U.S. This is far short of the projected need for 6000 physicians trained to support the implementation of EHRs and the technology-powered healthcare transformation (Safran C. 2009). Board-certified clinical informaticians are needed for the 5,000 hospitals and 20,000 clinics in the U.S.
The increasing need for the unique skill set of clinical informaticians provides physicians with board certification a competitive advantage.
Registration will be available in early 2022. Compare all course options
Why Take CIBRC?
The AMIA Clinical Informatics Board Review Course is an investment in your career. Clinical informatics is a critical knowledge area for physicians and other clinicians to master as they seek to provide high quality care and better patient outcomes.
The tools provided are intended to provide participants with a comprehensive review of the core content for Clinical Informatics that will be the basis for the examination for certification and will have identified those areas where they need further study.
Take CIBRC Online or Bundle
- Are a candidate for Clinical Informatics subspecialty certification (Check your eligibility to be sure) and want to prepare for the October Boards this year
- Intend to take the Board exam in a future year and want to begin preparing your study plan now
- Need a solid grounding in clinical informatics earning 24 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™, can spend three intensive days learning more about the field, and are NOT a candidate for Clinical Informatics subspecialty certification
- Are developing your career skills, want a three-day intensive review of the field, and are NOT planning to (or eligible to) take the Clinical Informatics Boards
For the novice informatician who wishes to sit for the Clinical Informatics Subspecialty Board Exam, the CIBRC could be paired with a 10x10 course to provide a more robust learning experience and understanding of the field of Biomedical and Health Informatics
Enroll in an AMIA 10x10 Course
- Want a virtual education experience in Biomedical and Health Informatics to fit your professional development and personal schedule
- Want to take Master’s Level degree course from a top US university drawing on content in one of the hottest fields in health care
- Need CME/CE eligible classroom experience (up to 46.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™) and want to want to invest several months to gain more in-depth exposure to Clinical Informatics.