AMIA’s Health Informatics Essentials is designed to promote the profession of health informatics and its power to transform health care. The online educational series is comprised of five CME/CNE-certified courses, each of which offers topical modules with multiple video lectures. With a curriculum based on AMIA Health Informatics Delineation of Practice published in JAMIA (Gadd et al, 2020), the courses are geared toward professionals who are involved in direct or indirect care of patients and who desire to learn more about the practice of health informatics coming from a range of educational and training pathways, including but not limited to nursing, medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, public health, health informatics, and computer science.
More than 32 hours of on-demand education are available through the Health Informatics Essentials courses. The video lectures contained within each course cover subject matter that is core to the practice of health informatics and range in length from 8 to 30 minutes.
Benefits of Health Informatics Essentials
Professional Development That Is Accessible, Affordable and Flexible
Gain Continuing Education Credits - CME and CNE
- Prepare to enroll in formal degree programs, courses, or workshops
- Pursue certificates, accreditations or other credentials through educational programs
Improve job performance
- Keep up with technology, systems, processes
- Learn about new developments in your field
- Improve existing skills
Increase opportunity for new duties and responsibilities
- Take on new challenges in current position, projects, long- or short- term assignments
- Explore new career paths with informatics education