Leadership, Professionalism, Strategy, and Transformation is a component of AMIA’s Health Informatics Essentials, a series of educational offerings that promote the profession of health informatics and its power to transform health care.
Professionals involved in direct or indirect care of patients who desire to learn more about the practice of health informatics coming from a range of educational and training pathways including, but not limited to nursing, medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, public health, health informatics, and computer science.
After participating in this activity, the learner should be better able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of concepts and skills needed to lead development and implementation of health informatics plans, strategies, and policies that strengthen health care and public health organizations
Leadership, Professionalism, Strategy, and Transformation offers learners 21 lectures focusing on fundamental concepts in health informatics.
The video lectures, ranging in length from 8 to 28 minutes, are organized into the following five modules:
In addition to the 21 videos, the CME/CNE-certified course offers:
- 21 downloadable scripts of the videos, with hyperlinked references and resources for additional study
- 5 Self-assessment questions
- “Deeper Dive” assignment for the learner to reflect on how the knowledge gained may influence future practice
The American Medical Informatics Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The American Medical Informatics Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education for Nurses
American Medical Informatics Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Approved Contact Hours: 6.5 contact hours
- Lead Nurse Planner (ANCC-criteria compliance): Juliana J. Brixey, PhD, MPH, MSN, RN
- Nurse Planner (Content): Lynda R. Hardy, PhD, RN, FAAN
AMIA does not offer refunds for online products. We are always happy to discuss any issues you may be having with our online courses.
- Upon purchase you will receive an access link via email.
- Purchase of this product includes 1-year subscription access.
- Using your AMIA login, you will have access to the content for a year – from date of purchase.