FAMIA Leadership and Governance
FAMIA is currently overseen by the interim FAMIA Executive Committee. The interim committee is composed of former members of the FAMIA Task Force. The task force was formed in 2019 to officially create a standing committee through the formation of FAMIA's Governing Documents.
FAMIA Executive Committee
Roles and Responsibilities
The FAMIA Executive Committee has general oversight of FAMIA and is the governing body of FAMIA subject to limitations as determined by the AMIA Board of Directors. The primary roles and responsibilities of the committee are to:
- Develop policies and objectives for FAMIA that are consistent with the mission as defined by AMIA and approved by the AMIA Board of Directors
- Govern FAMIA according to the FAMIA policies and objectives in conjunction with AMIA Board of Directors and AMIA staff
- Provide oversight of the annual FAMIA application process and adjudicate issues and appeals.
- Review and create slate of candidates for annual FAMIA elections
- Establish committees as needed to ensure a Fellowship-driven volunteer community
- Ensure effective program planning and priority setting
- Enhance the community of FAMIA and AMIA’s public image
The FAMIA Executive Committee will report to the AMIA Board of Directors.
The Executive Committee (EC) consists of four (4) elected officers, two at-Large elected fellows and a non-voting liaison appointed by the AMIA Board. Elections are held every year in conjunction with the regular AMIA election cycle. The AMIA office coordinates the EC election process.
The term for the Executive Committee Chair is a four-year commitment: one year as Chair-Elect, two years as Chair, and the last year as Past-Chair. Elections are held every other year for Chair-Elect.
The official term for any elected or appointed Fellow taking office is January 1.
- Chair (2 years)
- Chair-elect (1 year, even years)
- Immediate Past Chair (1 year, odd years)
- Secretary/Treasurer (2 years, even years)
- Two At-Large Elected Fellows (2-year terms, 1 elected each (odd and even) year)