The Student & Early Career Editorial Board is now accepting applications
Applied Clinical Informatics (ACI), the official eJournal of AMIA, IMIA, and EFMI, created a Student & Early Career Editorial Board in 2020.
The primary purposes of the board is to:
- include and mentor informatics trainees in the peer-review process
- to improve the experience of authors by providing high quality reviews.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Student & Early Career Editorial Board anticipates selecting 9-12 members in 2022. Each member will serve a two-year term (+ 6 months transition) and receive up to four manuscripts to review per year. Two dedicated associate editors and one senior editor will provide mentorship to all members, including constructive feedback on all reviews.
Graduate students and post-doctoral trainees in biomedical informatics or related disciplines (computer science, engineering, data and information sciences) are invited to apply. Preferred, but not required qualifications, include:
- One first author publication,
- Completion of at least one year of a doctoral program, post-doctoral, or masters program in biomedical informatics or a related discipline
- Membership in AMIA or their respective countries’ informatics organization
Each applicant should submit a single PDF containing:
- Curriculum Vitae including contact information
- Letter of Intent (no more than two pages) describing their place and level of training, interest in the position, and past experiences.
Additionally, applicants should provide a letter of support from the a mentor (no more than a page) that includes a description of the student’s scientific writing and editing skills as well as the mentor’s assessment of the student’s understanding of the field of biomedical informatics. This should be submitted as a separate file.
A Senior ACI Editor and two Associate Editors will provide mentorship for the Student & Early Career Editorial Board. They will be assigned to the same papers and will provide feedback, coaching, and practical advice.
Applications will be due on April 1, 2022 and announcements of selected candidates will be made at the end of April. Terms will start on May 1, 2022.