AMIA 2023 Clinical Informatics Conference CME/CNE Information
The target audience for this live activity includes clinicians, pharmacists, informatics professionals, and other stakeholders committed to improving healthcare processes, outcomes, satisfaction, and efficiency through health IT innovations.
After participating in this live activity, the learner will be able to:
- Apply evidence- or experience- based models of informatics practices to improve health care.
- Leverage informatics tools to better engage in team-based care.
- Connect emerging trends in health and health IT policy with regulatory efforts that impact care delivery.
- Identify relevant mental, public and population health informatics strategies for prevalent health issues.
- Develop core competencies and leadership skills unique to health informatics professionals.
- Assess and improve the application of health IT infrastructure best practices.
- Improve the usability, ease of use, and user acceptance of informatics tools and technology.
- Identify diversity, equity, and inclusion issues through the lens of clinical informatics.
- Expand the reach of health IT beyond acute care to settings all individuals/patients occupy.
Continuing Education Information
The American Medical Informatics Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Medical Informatics Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
ACPE Provider ID: 0534
CPE credit will be offered by the Vanderbilt University Hospital Department of Pharmaceutical Services for sessions that are relevant and meet ACPE accreditation requirements.
Criteria for Successful Completion
Completion of this live activity is demonstrated by participation in accredited sessions, completion of the evaluation survey for each session, with credit claiming and certificate download available after submitting the evaluation.
No commercial support was received for this activity.
Instructions for Claiming Credit
- Login to the Attendee Service Center.
- You must use this system to claim your credit and download your certificate.
- The same system is used to download a certificate of participation
- If you have not previously selected the type of credit you are claiming, go to Continuing Education Credits first to select it. Then go to step 5.
- Under the dropdown, click on Evaluations.
- Click on Start on the session row for which you are claiming credit and click through the pages answering required questions.
- After you have completed step 4 above for all the sessions, go to Certificates under the dropdown to download your certificate.
You have until June 24, 2023, to claim credit and download the certificate. No credit will be issued after this date.
Disclosure & COI Mitigation Policy
As a provider accredited by the ACCME, AMIA requires that everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all financial relationships with any ACCME-defined ineligible company for 24 months prior to the educational activity.
Any individual who refuses to disclose financial relationships will be disqualified from participating in the CME activity.
AMIA provides disclosure of financial relationships with ineligible companies to all learners on this webpage. Individuals with no financial relationship(s) or potential conflicts of interest are also disclosed.
AMIA uses a number of methods to resolve potential conflicts of interest, including: review of disclosures using a COI resolution rating scale; limiting content of the presentation to that which has been reviewed by two or more peer reviewers; ensuring that all scientific research referred to conforms to generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis; undertaking review of the educational activity by a content reviewer to evaluate for potential bias, balance in presentation, evidence-based content or other indicators of integrity, and absence of bias; monitoring the educational activity to evaluate for commercial bias in the presentation; and/or reviewing participant feedback to evaluate for commercial bias in the activity.
Financial Disclosures of Individuals Involved with Content Development
All AMIA staff involved with content development of the AMIA 2022 Informatics Summit have disclosed no have financial relationships with ACCME- defined ineligible companies.