Webinars offer an excellent opportunity for working groups to engage their members, share new knowledge and resources, and grow their community. During the presentation, viewers can submit questions and comments directly to the presenters and engage with other participants. Working Group webinars are one of AMIA’s most popular engagement activities.
AMIA’s Open Science Webinar Program is open to the entire AMIA community regardless of whether they are a member. Anyone can register for a webinar, and all presentations will be available on-demand in the Working Group Webinar Library.
AMIA encourages working groups to gather all materials 2-3 weeks in advance of the presentation to optimize promotion.
- Complete the information form
- Once AMIA receives the information, AMIA staff will work to include the presentation within the Working Group Webinar Library.
- AMIA will promote webinars on AMIA.org, Twitter, and via eNews
- AMIA encourage the working groups to share details among your community and other related Working Groups to spread the word.
Working group webinars must adhere to the following:
Any communication channel that bears the name AMIA or American Medical Informatics Association reflects the AMIA Brand. Brand Identity needs to be consistent, clear, reliable source of information about the organization, activities and membership. Brand is what we protect because a positive brand image communicates to the health and healthcare communities that AMIA is a trusted source for information, education, convening, collaboration and networking.
Webinar Best Practices
- Know your target audience
- Pick a topic that is specific and precise
- Invite the right choice of speakers
- Schedule your webinar strategically
- Spread the word
- Assign a moderator
- Diversify your content
- Organized engagement
- Practice till you’re perfect