Clinical Decision Support (CDS) is a process for enhancing health-related decisions and actions. It empowers clinicians, patients, and other stakeholders by enhancing clinical decision-making and clinical processes and improving the quality of health care services and patient outcomes.
The purpose of the Clinical Decision Support Working Group (CDS-WG) is to provide a forum for AMIA members to share their interests, ideas, and experiences with CDS, and to help organize related activities at AMIA meetings.
Among its activities, the CDS-WG holds monthly online meetings, which all AMIA members are invited to attend.
Specific tasks for the CDS-WG include:
- Serve as a discussion and collaboration hub for AMIA members who are interested in CDS.
- Develop mechanisms for WG members to participate in discussions, which may include emails, forums, blogs, and other means.
- Produce panel presentations, tutorials, research papers, white papers, and other content-based artifacts of value to the AMIA community.
- Identify CDS opportunities for AMIA in partnership with government, academic, and industry organizations through CDS-WG discussions, meetings, and workshops.
- Provide a collective voice for CDS-WG members to give input on matters of policy-relevant to CDS.
- Harness AMIA member experience and expertise in CDS to help achieve AMIA's goal to improve health through health information technology.