What is Clinical Decision Support? Clinical Decision Support (CDS) is a process for enhancing health-related decisions and actions. It empowers clinicians, patients, and other stakeholders by enhancing clinical decision-making and clinical processes and improving the quality of health care services and patient outcomes.
Among it's activities, the CDS-WG holds monthly online meetings, which all AMIA members are invited to attend. Student and prospective members are welcome.
The Clinical Decision Support Working Group (CDS WG) mission is to serve as a collaboration and discussion hub for those with interests in clinical decision support and to share ideas and experiences with the AMIA Community.
Goals and activities for the CDS-WG Include:
- Serve as a discussion and collaboration hub for AMIA members who are interested in CDS.
- Develop mechanisms for WG members to participate in discussions, which may include emails, forums, blogs, and other means.
- Produce panel presentations, tutorials, research papers, white papers, and other content-based artifacts of value to the AMIA community.
- Identify CDS opportunities for AMIA in partnership with government, academic, and industry organizations through CDS-WG discussions, meetings, and workshops.
- Provide a collective voice for CDS-WG members to give input on matters of policy-relevant to CDS.
- Harness AMIA member experience and expertise in CDS to help achieve AMIA's goal to improve health through health information technology.