The following resources are intended to provide presenters and reviewers with information about their roles at AMIA annual conferences. Contact AMIA with additional questions.
AMIA requires all attendees and staff to adhere to certain policies regarding anti-harassment, public health and safety, and specific policies regarding terms of registration.
Tips for Improving Your Presentation
AMIA hears from attendees that they want presenters at our conferences to use more interesting slides and give more engaging presentations. We’ve identified a few resources on how to create and give more effective scientific presentations. You’ve worked hard on your research and your presentation. Here are some tips on how to convey your discoveries with enthusiasm to your audience!
- Designing conference posters
- Search online for “scientific poster templates.” Because many are commercial we are not recommending any specific one.
- Fleming N. How to give a great scientific talk: Expert presenters share advice on how to capture and hold the attention of a conference crowd. Nature 564, S84-S85 (2018). doi: 10.1038/d41586-018-07780-5
- Susan McConnell (Stanford): Designing effective scientific presentations (42 minutes)
- Public speaking for academics – 10 tips
- Before public speaking… A series of TED talks