The following resources are intended to provide presenters and reviewers with information about their roles at AMIA annual conferences. Contact AMIA with additional questions..
AMIA is proud to be an organization of diversity and inclusion, and we want all members to have confidence in our collective commitment to efforts and actions that demonstrate that commitment regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, race, or religion.
Tips for Improving Your Presentation
AMIA hears from attendees that they want presenters at our conferences to use more interesting slides and give more engaging presentations. We’ve identified a few resources on how to create and give more effective scientific presentations. You’ve worked hard on your research and your presentation. Here are some tips on how to convey your discoveries with enthusiasm to your audience!
- Designing Powerpoint Slides for a Scientific Presentation (14 minutes)
- Designing effective science presentations
- Designing conference posters
- Search online for “scientific poster templates.” Because many are commercial we are not recommending any specific one.
- Fleming N. How to give a great scientific talk: Expert presenters share advice on how to capture and hold the attention of a conference crowd. Nature 564, S84-S85 (2018). doi: 10.1038/d41586-018-07780-5
- Susan McConnell (Stanford): Designing effective scientific presentations (42 minutes)
- Public speaking for academics – 10 tips
- Before public speaking… A series of TED talks