Registration will be available in early 2022
The CIBRC Bundle is a Premium Package offering all of AMIA’s clinical informatics board review tools at a discount. Participants have the opportunity to engage in self-paced learning using CIBRC Online Plus, with its 23 modules of content directly related to the Core Content along with the 200-question simulated board exam. Learners also engage in the 3-day experience of the live meeting where they interact with CIBRC’s renowned faculty and with colleagues.
Most of our past CIBRC attendees have chosen the CIBRC Bundle for their exam preparation approach. AMIA offers the popular CIBRC bundle since the blended learning experience has generally been shown to be an effective approach to a deep and long-lasting learning experience in CME.
The Clinical Informatics Board Review Course offerings are designed to provide:
- An overview of the content on which the examination for certification in the subspecialty of Clinical Informatics is based.
- Sample questions for each of the major topic areas
- References for additional study
- Guidance on how to prepare an application to sit for the exam
- Test-taking tips/what to expect on the exam
- 25 hours or more of lecture-based content
- Opportunities to self-assess to identify areas of strength and weakness
Individuals who complete the Clinical Informatics Board Review Course in any of its formats should be able to demonstrate knowledge of current clinical informatics practice, as evidenced by their ability to:
- Describe the role of data across the health care system, the laws governing use of data, and technical approaches to ensuring quality and protection of data
- Identify the range of clinical decision support tools; explain how to determine which application is appropriate for specific situations; describe how to develop and implement clinical decision support tools.
- Describe the processes of developing or selecting a clinical information system, preparing and supporting clinicians for system implementation, and evaluating system effectiveness.
- Identify the key types of health information systems and describe how to achieve system interoperability.
- Identify the non-technical factors that influence the adoption of clinical information systems by clinicians and describe strategies for promoting effective use of clinical information systems.
- History and Current State of Informatics
- Ethics, Privacy, Legal, and Regulatory Issues in Informatics
- The Health System
- Clinical Decision-Making
- Applied Decision-Support
- Knowledge Acquisition, Storage, and Appropriate Use
- Evidence-Based Medicine
- Information Retrieval
- Meaningful Use
- Clinical Workflow Analysis
- Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Computer Programming and Methods of Software Development
- Systems, Database, and Network Architecture
- Information Security and Privacy
- Healthcare Data Reuse: Challenges and Strategies
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Systems in Practice
- HIT Architectures and Interfaces
- Clinical Informatics for Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Standards for Representing Clinical Data: Part 1
- Standards for Representing Clinical Data: Part 2
- Messaging and Interoperability
- Selection and Implementation of Clinical Systems
- Operation, Support, and Maintenance of Clinical Systems
- Evaluation of Clinical Systems In Situ
- Organizational Behavior
- Building Effective Healthcare IT Teams
- Communication Strategies
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Healthcare IT Budgeting and Resource Allocation
- Change Management
AMIA requires all persons who wish to attend the AMIA CIBRC Live Course to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means at least 2 weeks have passed since having received the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or a single-dose of the Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine.
AMIA requires masks inside the hotel for all AMIA CIBRC attendees (except as necessary when eating or drinking). Faculty members may take their mask off while giving their presentation.
Waiver of Liability
Attendance at indoor conferences like the AMIA CIBRC Live Course may involve a risk of exposure to COVID-19. By registering for the AMIA CIBRC Live or Bundle, registrants knowingly assume that risk. On behalf of yourself as well as your family and heirs, you hereby release from liability, and waive all claims against, AMIA, its officers, directors, and employees for any harm, injury, and damage of any nature suffered by you should you contract COVID-19. You will comply with all applicable health and safety laws and directives, as well as any guidelines of AMIA.
* AMIA Clinical Informatics Fellows (ACIF), contact Lauren Koleszar, at 301-657-5903 to receive reduced rates for CIBRC Products.