This strategic plan outlines a set of strategies and tactics that are intended to guide the activities of the American College of Medical Informatics (ACMI) over the next five years. It is the result of year-long, member-driven, and multi-phase process, guided by the objectives of:
- Ensuring the continued prominence and growth of ACMI;
- Enhancing the impact and visibility of ACMI as a source of thought-leadership;
- Providing value to the elected fellows of the college;
- Improving the financial standing and sustainability of the college; and
- Increasing synergies with the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
These objectives are manifested in the five strategic objectives developed via the strategic planning process undertaken by the leadership and fellows of the college. These objectives can and should serve as a guidepost for the decisions of the ACMI Executive Committee and general membership over the coming five years. The objectives will motivate and shape the activities needed to ensure that ACMI can continue to lead and guide with distinction the broad Biomedical Informatics community.