The Case Western Reserve University ACGME Clinical Informatics 2-year fellowship program is uniquely designed with an emphasis on applied clinical informatics.
Distinguishing characteristics include:
- Participate in formal training in clinical informatics through scheduled didactic sessions at Case Western Reserve University. Fellows will earn a fully funded 12 credit graduate certificate in Health Informatics from CWRU.
- Become certified as an Epic Physician Builder. Training is fully covered by the program.
- Lead one or more clinical informatics project(s) related to clinical information systems installed within a Case Western Reserve University affiliated healthcare system.
- Participate as an attending physician in your clinical care using the EHR (up to 30% effort), to continue to develop and/or utilize clinical skills, as well as experience the use of the EHR in conjunction with clinical practice, within a Case Western Reserve University affiliated healthcare system.
- Receive a faculty appointment at Case Western Reserve University.
- Begin working as an Associate Director of Clinical Informatics in your clinical area.
- Work with a dedicated interdisciplinary team of over 40 clinical informatics professionals who have created and maintain an electronic health record that is in the top 1% nationally (based on Healthcare Information Management System Society HIMSS criteria).