AMIA is a community committed to the vision of a world where informatics transforms people’s care. Over the last 35 years, the use of informatics has grown exponentially to improve health and to make better healthcare decisions. Today, informatics is the key to accelerating the current goals of healthcare reform.
AMIA has been recognized as a Top Employer of Choice for an Effective and Flexible Workplace as a winner of the When Work Works award.
Current Open Positions
Senior Manager of Web Development
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking an experienced Senior Manager of Web Development to be responsible for a wide array of assignments related to AMIA’s web presence, with an emphasis on design, implementation, and maintenance. The Senior Manager should enjoy working in a team environment and is also a self-motivated problem-solver with excellent organizational and communication skills. The position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
- Serve as lead technical contact on association project teams that discuss enhancements of current and future AMIA websites
- Ensure that website content is posted in a timely and efficient manner by managing a shared web calendar to tracks web project schedules and scopes of work
- Serve as the main technical point of contact for all third-party website integrations which include single-sign on methodologies that integrate with AMIA’s systems
- Develop and implement improvements to website architecture, design and user experience with external web developers and consultants
- Develop mobile responsive email HTML templates and generate solutions for online marketing and communications through email marketing system in consultation with the marketing and communications team
- Supervise the web content assistant
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- 8+ years of professional work experience that includes 5+ years of experience as a web developer/designer for a nonprofit, commercial or government agency
- Working knowledge of website development and design tools including Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photo and video editing software and InDesign
- Experience launching a new website (Drupal 8 and/or Acquia certified desirable)
- College degree in a relevant field: computer science, online marketing and communications or another related field of study
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Project management experience managing and overseeing multiple projects, working collaboratively with other staff and departments to accomplish successful results on deadline and on budget. Knowledge of an online project management tool, helpful
- Must be able to travel annual symposium and occasional other travel if needed
As a winner of the When Work Works award, AMIA has been recognized as a Top Employer of Choice for an Effective and Flexible Workplace. AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan. To be considered, candidates should respond with a resume and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified local candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.