AMIA is a community committed to the vision of a world where informatics transforms people’s care. Over the last 35 years, the use of informatics has grown exponentially to improve health and to make better healthcare decisions. Today, informatics is the key to accelerating the current goals of healthcare reform.
AMIA has been recognized as a Top Employer of Choice for an Effective and Flexible Workplace as a winner of the When Work Works award.
Current Open Positions
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking a Director of Membership Engagement to work collaboratively across the organization and with various stakeholder groups to identify, build and promote member value that has broad appeal to each of the member segments. In addition, the Director will have primary responsibility for development and implementation of membership recruitment, engagement, and retention campaigns, and is responsible for managing and mentoring one entry level position.
- Responsible for all aspects of membership recruitment, engagement, and retention to include the development of an annual comprehensive membership strategy
- Collaborate with internal marketing staff and external consultants/partners to execute membership recruitment, engagement, and retention tactics
- Develop marketing materials supporting membership across all communication channels
- Responsible for pulling lists and data out of AMS (currently NetForum). Analyze data gathered in reports and advise on membership trends and identify problem areas. Collaborate with the Association Systems Coordinator on writing accurate specifications to have reports created
- Collaborate with the Association Systems Coordinator in the implementation of the new AMS
- Serve as the staff liaison to AMIA committees and special interest working groups as assigned
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Proven relationship builder with the ability to quickly earn the respect of multiple constituencies, both internally and externally
- An understanding of and ability to position discussions related to member services at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Project management experience with the ability to manage and oversee multiple projects, working collaboratively with other staff and departments to accomplish successful results on deadline and on budget
- Education – College degree required, CAE designation a plus
- Knowledge – Thorough understanding of association member services and programs within a member focused non-profit organization
- Work Experience – 10+ years of demonstrated experience building and marketing membership and programs that drive value for member recruitment and engagement purposes
- Technical Skills – Extremely competent with AMS/CRM software (NETFORUM is highly preferred), data tools (e.g. Power BI, Nucleus), and social media and e-communication tools, plus strong MS Office skills
- Experience using and analyzing data to understand current membership needs and to predict future membership opportunities
- Experience with direct mail, digital/social marketing and analytics, required
- Excellent writing skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to interface with a variety of constituencies and stakeholder groups with different needs and demands to achieve strategic goals
- Highly driven and results oriented, strong management skills, ability to set and enforce priorities and deadlines. Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on leading a variety of key initiatives concurrently and will work independently, if necessary, to get the job done
- Demonstrated experience initiating, managing, delivering and evaluating membership focused projects, programs, and services
- Conditions – Must be able to travel to the Annual Symposium; possible other occasional travel
AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan. To be considered, candidates should respond with a resume and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified local candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.