The nomination process is now closed.
AMIA requests nominations for the:
- William W. Stead Award for Thought Leadership in Informatics
- AMIA New Investigator Award
- Virginia K. Saba Informatics Award
- Don Eugene Detmer Award for Health Policy Contributions in Informatics
- Donald A.B. Lindberg Award for Innovation in Informatics
These awards are part of the AMIA Signature Awards program designed to highlight individuals whose work embodied the innovative spirit of informatics and created lasting effects by transforming both the health care system and biomedical research.
AMIA Signature Awards provide a path of recognition for the immeasurable talent its membership holds by showcasing their rich history of achievement. AMIA encourages the nomination of worthy candidates for the signature awards.
- All nomination letters should be submitted as a single PDF file July 6, 2022.
- For the AMIA New Investigator Award, nominators should submit a personalized letter of recommendation describing the nominee's early informatics contributions and curriculum vitae in PDF file format.
- For the Stead, Saba, Detmer, and Lindberg Awards, nominators should submit a personalized letter of recommendation for the candidate describing the nominee's key contributions in informatics based on the criteria for each award in PDF file format.
- We ask that nominators submit only one nomination letter per candidate, however, more than one individual can co-sign a nomination letter when appropriate.
- Award winners will be announced on September 19, 2022. The awards will be presented at the AMIA Annual Symposium Awards Gala on Sunday, November 6, 2022.