We are not currently accepting applications. More information about scholarships for the 2022 Annual Symposium will be available this Summer.
About the Award
The AMIA Leadership and Education Award Donation (LEAD) Fund is pleased to sponsor a trainee meeting scholarship for 2022. The purpose of the award program is to cover trainee registration for the 2022 AMIA Clinical Informatics Conference (CIC) in order to present their research. (Note: open to trainees who have an accepted presentation.) The AMIA LEAD Fund anticipates awarding up to 6 scholarships for CIC, with each award covering meeting registration.
- At the time of submission, and subsequently, attendance at the AMIA 2022 Clinical Informatics Conference (CIC), the individual must be actively enrolled in a formal graduate or post-graduate level training program focused on the area of Biomedical and Health Informatics. This can include programs resulting in a graduate degree and/or programs resulting in a professional certification. Their institution may be located and accredited/recognized in any country.
- The applicant must have an accepted presentation at the 2022 CIC for which they are the presenter (e.g., a poster, podium presentation, paper, panel, or equivalent activity that has been peer-reviewed and accepted by the meeting SPC).
- The applicant must be able to describe a demonstrable need for the scholarship, where they do not have other means of support to cover registration for the CIC.
- The applicant must be an AMIA student member.
- Applications will be reviewed by the AMIA Lead Fund Advisory Committee (LFAC), and prioritized based upon need, the alignment with the goals of the LEAD fund, and the availability of funds to support the program.
- Decisions will be based on the quality of the submitted information.
- Award recipients will be announced in early April (Funds will be applied to your registration following the announcement of the award recipients). AMIA will notify winning applicants of award decisions via email.
Travel awards will be distributed in early-April.