The AMIA Leadership and Education Award Donation (LEAD) Fund is pleased to sponsor a trainee and early career professional meeting scholarship. The purpose of the award program is to cover registration for the AMIA 2023 Clinical Informatics Conference to present their research. (Note: Open to trainees and early career professionals who have an accepted presentation.)
The AMIA LEAD Fund anticipates awarding up to 6 scholarships for the 2023 AMIA Clinical Informatics Conference, with each award covering meeting registration.
To be eligible, all applicants must:
- be actively enrolled in a formal graduate or post-graduate level training program focused on the area of Biomedical and Health Informatics at the time of submission, and subsequently, attendance at the 2023 AMIA Clinical Informatics Conference. This can include programs resulting in a graduate degree and/or programs resulting in a professional certification. Their institution may be located and accredited/recognized in any country; or,
- be an early career professional (within five years of completion of their terminal degree or highest level of training (e.g. fellowship, etc)
- have an already accepted presentation at the AMIA Clinical Informatics Conference for which they are the presenter (e.g., a poster, podium presentation, paper, panel, or equivalent activity that has been peer-reviewed and accepted by the meeting SPC).
- be able to describe a demonstrable need for the scholarship.
- be able to provide a reference from a mentor, instructor or supervisor. .
- be an AMIA member to be considered for an award.
Please note that former awardees are ineligible.
- Applications will be reviewed by the AMIA Lead Fund Advisory Committee (LFAC), and prioritized based upon need, the alignment with the goals of the LEAD fund, and the availability of funds to support the program.
- Decisions will be based on the quality of the submitted information.
- Award recipients will be announced in mid-February. (Funds will be applied to registration following the announcement of the award recipients). AMIA will notify winning applicants of award decisions via email.