The AMIA Leadership and Education Award Donation (LEAD) Fund is pleased to sponsor a trainee meeting scholarship for 2021. The purpose of the award program is to cover trainee registration for the 2021 AMIA Annual Symposium in order to present their research. (Note: Open to trainees who have an accepted presentation.) The AMIA LEAD Fund anticipates awarding up to 8 scholarships for the symposium, with each award covering meeting registration.
- be actively enrolled in a formal graduate or post-graduate level training program focused on the area of Biomedical and Health Informatics at the time of submission, and subsequently, attendance at the AMIA 2021 Annual Symposium. This can include programs resulting in a graduate degree and/or programs resulting in a professional certification. Their institution may be located and accredited/recognized in any country.
- have an already accepted presentation at the AMIA 2021 Annual Symposium for which they are the presenter (e.g., a poster, podium presentation, paper, panel, or equivalent activity that has been peer-reviewed and accepted by the meeting SPC).
- be able to describe a demonstrable need for the scholarship.
- be able to provide a reference from a mentor, instructor or supervisor. Recommendations must be received by Noon, August 23rd. (if recommendation is not received by the deadline the application will not be considered)
- be an AMIA member to be considered for an award.
- Applications will be reviewed by the AMIA Lead Fund Advisory Committee (LFAC), and prioritized based upon need, the alignment with the goals of the LEAD fund, and the availability of funds to support the program.
- Decisions will be based on the quality of the submitted information.
- Award recipients will be announced in early September (Funds will be applied to your registration following the announcement of the award recipients). AMIA will notify winning applicants of award decisions via email.
Travel awards will be distributed in early-September.