We are no longer accepting applications for scholarships to the 2022 Annual Symposium.
About the Award
The AMIA Leadership and Education Award Donation (LEAD) Fund is pleased to sponsor a trainee meeting scholarship for 2022. The purpose of the award program is to cover trainee registration for the 2022 AMIA Annual Symposium in order to present their research. (Note: open to trainees who have an accepted presentation.)
The AMIA LEAD Fund anticipates awarding up to eight scholarships for the Symposium, with each award covering meeting registration.
- At the time of submission, and subsequently, attendance at the AMIA 2022 Annual Symposium, the individual must be actively enrolled in a formal graduate or post-graduate level training program focused on the area of Biomedical and Health Informatics. This can include programs resulting in a graduate degree and/or programs resulting in a professional certification. Their institution may be located and accredited/recognized in any country.
- The applicant must have an accepted presentation at the 2022 Symposium for which they are the presenter (e.g., a poster, podium presentation, paper, panel, or equivalent activity that has been peer-reviewed and accepted by the meeting SPC).
- The applicant must be able to describe a demonstrable need for the scholarship, where they do not have other means of support to cover registration for the Symposium.
- The applicant must be a current AMIA student member.
- The applicant must be able to provide a reference from a mentor, instructor, or supervisor. Recommendations must be received by Noon ET, August 1. (If recommendation is not received by the deadline the application will not be considered)
- Applications will be reviewed by the AMIA Lead Fund Advisory Committee (LFAC), and prioritized based upon need, the alignment with the goals of the LEAD fund, and the availability of funds to support the program.
- Decisions will be based on the quality of the submitted information.
- Award recipients will be announced in early September (Funds will be applied to your registration following the announcement of the award recipients). AMIA will notify winning applicants of award decisions via email.
Travel awards will be distributed in late August.