Call for Participation for AMIA 2021 Virtual Clinical Informatics Conference
AMIA invites you to share your solutions, ideas and innovations with your applied clinical informatics colleagues at the AMIA 2021 Clinical Informatics Conference, May 18-20, 2021.
We want to hear about the health IT-related challenges you are facing, what has and hasn’t worked for you, and your thoughts on topics of interest to the community of clinical informatics professionals
We welcome submissions from all members of the health care team and delivery settings for both evidence- and experience-based clinical informatics projects that impact the quality, safety, and experience of health care in the future.
The 2020 Clinical Informatics Conference grew more than 50% from the previous year and AMIA is committed to continuing this “hot topic” momentum in 2021. We look forward to receiving your submission!
IMPORTANT! The person designated as PRESENTER on the submission will receive all communications from AMIA regarding the submission.
By submitting to the AMIA 2021 Clinical Informatics Conference, all presenters agree that if their submission is accepted, they will register for the full conference at the designated author registration rate.
After participating in the AMIA 2021 Clinical Informatics Conference, the learner should be better able to:
- Apply evidence- or experience- based models of informatics practices to improve health care
- Leverage informatics tools to better engage in team-based care
- Connect emerging trends in health and health IT policy with regulatory efforts that impact care delivery
- Identify relevant mental, public and population health informatics strategies for prevalent health issues
- Develop core competencies and leadership skills unique to health informatics professionals
- Assess and improve the application of health IT infrastructure best practices
- Improve the usability, ease of use, and user acceptance of informatics tools and technology
- Identify diversity, equity, and inclusion issues through the lens of clinical informatics
- Expand the reach of health IT beyond acute care and to settings all individuals/patients occupy
Topics and Keywords
The AMIA 2021 Clinical Informatics Conference will be organized around six Topic Areas and 52 Keywords.
- Informatics Driving Value-Based Care and Operations
- Informatics Response to COVID-19
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Usability, Efficiency, and Experience
- Clinical Decision Support and Analytics
- Learning Health System
- Interoperability and Informatics Infrastructure
- Leadership, Advocacy, and Policy
The program committee welcomes contributions on HIT innovations, approaches, and strategies suitable for presentation in a variety of formats, including workshops, oral presentations, panels, ignite-style talks, and poster presentations. Individuals will be asked to classify content based on keywords through a competitive submission and review process.
All submissions must be made through the ScholarOne submission site. Complete the online submission form as instructed and attach your submission in compliance with directions provided below.
How to Submit
Step 1 of the ScholarOne submission form includes a box labeled “abstract.” This should be a short “abstract” or opening summary which describes your project. Use the word count according to the Call for Participation. If your submission is accepted, AMIA uses this abstract verbatim in the conference’s program schedule on the website and app.
If you have any questions regarding submissions, please contact Lauren Koleszar, email@example.com.
The AMIA 2021 Clinical Informatics Conference submission content may be based on a range of published or unpublished works including projects, research, papers, pilot programs, and/or quality improvement initiatives.
- Review Keyword and Topic
- Select Category
- Follow Submission Guidelines
- Use the Two-page Submission Template for the Presentation Category
- Submit on Time
(you will need the accurate names and email contacts of co-authors)
Industry-authored and industry-client collaborative presentations, panels, ignite-style talks, and posters are welcome for submission as described above. No special submission designation is required. All industry submissions will be considered according to the standard review process. Industry submissions should not market and promote a specific product or company.
*Need inspiration? Take a look at the 2020 CIC Program Schedule by clicking on any of the presentation forms on the left hand navigation menu.
All information in the virtual conference platform is extracted directly from the online form authors complete in ScholarOne.
- Presentation Title
- Author Names
- Author Affiliations
- Author Disclosure
- Order in Which the Authors are Listed
Please enter everything EXACTLY the way you would like it to appear in conference materials.