AMIA 2020 Annual Symposium Career Development for Women in AMIA
Looking for personalized career development advice? Planning the pathway to your professional future?
Tuesday, November 17
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. EST
Space is limited to 50 applicants.
AMIA’s Women in AMIA Task Force is hosting a special event during the AMIA 2020 Virtual Annual Symposium—Career Development for Women in AMIA.
This event provides career guidance for early and mid-career women in informatics. The guidance is offered by a group of volunteer AMIA leaders—Career Development Guides—who are women of diverse experiences including research, executive leadership, administration, and service.
This is a great opportunity to review your CV and discuss your career vision virtually with a guide.
Participate and Pre-register
- Review the profiles of the participating Guides.
- Select four choices from the Guide list as a potential match for your career goals and interests.
- Complete the form: name, email contact, 50-word statement, URL link biographical description (optional) and four guide selections. Complete the pre-registration form
- Receive a confirmation email confirming your registration and assigned match by November 8th.
- Attend the special event on Tuesday, November 17, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
The Women in AMIA Task Force will match registrants with Guides based on the information provided in your CV and optional statement.
Registration for the AMIA 2020 Virtual Annual Symposium is required to participate in the Career Development special event.
Women in AMIA Career Development Guides
- Eta Berner , EdD, Professor, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Sue Boren , PhD, Full Professor and Director of Academic Programs, University of Missouri
- Elizaberth Borycki , RN, HBScN, MN, PhD, Professor Health Information Science, University of Victoria
- Patti Brennan , RN, PhD, Director, National Library of Medicine, National Library of Medicine
- Tiffani J. Bright , PhD, Biomedical Informatician Evaluation Research Team Lead, IBM Watson
- Wendy Chapman , PhD, Director of the Centre for Digital Transformation of Health, University of Melborne
- Mollie Cummins , PhD, RN, FAAN, FACMI, Professor & Associate Dean for Research, University of Utah College of Nursing
- Prashila Dullabh , MD, Senior Fellow and Health Informatics Program Area Director, NORC at the University of Chicago
- Noemie Elhadad , PhD, Associate Professor, Columbia University
- Cindy Gadd , PhD, Professor and Vice Chair for Educational Affairs, Vanderbilt University Medical University
- Laura Haak Marcial , PhD, Health Informaticist/Researcher, RTI International
- Ellen Kim , MD, PhD, Fellow Clinical Informatics Fellow, Mass General Brigham
- Nancy Lorenzi , PhD, Vice President for Strategic Change Management, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Terika McCall , PhD, MPH, MBA, Postdoctoral Fellow, Yale University
- Allison McCoy , PhD, Assistant Professor Vanderbilt, University Medical Center
- Mollie McKillop , PhD, MPH, Biomedical Informatician, IBM Watson Health
- Eugenia McPeek Hinz , MD, Associate Chief Medical Information Officer, Duke University Health System
- Rebecca Mishuris , MD, MS, MPH, Chief Medical Information Officer, Boston Medical Center
- Anne Moen , PhD, RN, FACMI, FIAHSI, Professor, University of Oslo
- Charlene Ngamwajasat , MD, Senior Physician Informaticist, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Leah Nida , MSN, AOCNS, Oncology Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Nurse Specialist, Flatiron Health
- Gretchen Purcell Jackson , MD, PhD, Vice President and Chief Science Officer, IBM Watson Health
- Sweta Sneha , PhD, Founder and Executive Director, Healthcare Management and Informatics, Kennesaw State University
- Jane Snowdon , PhD, Associate Chief Health Officer, IBM Watson Health
- Paulina Sockolow , DrPH, MS, MBA, Associate Professor, Drexel University
- Ashley Summers , RN, BSN, MJ, Patient Safety Manager, Syracuse Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Kim Unertl , PhD, Associate Professor, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Ece Uzun , PhD, Director of Clinical Bioinformatics, Lifespan
- Vivian Vimarlund , PhD, Professor, Linkoping University
- Theresa Walunas , PhD, Associate Professor, Northwestern University
- Laura Wiley , PhD, Principal Investigator, University of Colorado
- Katie Wilkinson , MA, Chief Research Information Officer, University of Missouri/Cerner
- Lixia Yao , PhD, Director, Real-world Data Analytics & Innovation, Merck
- Juan Zhao , PhD, Research Assistant Professor, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Maryam Zolnoori , PhD, MSc, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Mayo Clinic